As Good As Gone
1. Rich Rodriguez- HC Michigan- The cheating, the lying, the total failure at the offense of which he is supposedly a guru, the inability to even compete in the most overrated conference in the country, the droves of top flight O-linemen who have turned away from Michigan, the Rodriguieness of Rich Rod are all factors at play. Why Michigan didn't fire him already is beyond us, why Alabama wanted him so bad a few years back is even more baffling. His failure at Michigan juxtaposed with his success at W.V.should be additional evidence as to why the Big East shouldn't have an automatic bid to the BCS.
The last person to be this fired this far out was Jimmy Carter in 1978.
He came, He saw, He never really tried.
2. Jim Harbaugh- HC Stanford and Perpetrator of White Running Backs and Corners: This one is easy Harbaugh will be the HC at Michigan by the end of January. Harbaugh really likes Stanford and probably would not leave for any job other than Michigan. We know this because Brian Kelly was not N.D.'s first choice for the next man to have his career ruined by N.D. Most likely to show interest- Michigan.
3. Gary Patterson- HC TCU: Yes it is true that TCU plays no one on their schedule, but what is also true is they have never played anyone and were losers before Patterson. Despite what appears to be a foe-turtleneck in this photo will still believe that Patterson is substantially awesome and could bring a toughness and discipline that certain teams need, also he knows how to manage a clock....wink, wink, Baton Rouge. Most likely to show interest- LSU, South Carolina, Texas A&M, and Colorado.
4. The Dread Pirate Leach- Former HC Texas Tech: Does anyone in the country really side with the James Gang and Texas Tech in what happened? Leach is an offensive genius/lunatic who just so happens to believe in discipline. Do you think Saban has never locked a kid in a closet before. In Alabama that is considered a rewards not a punishment. Some schools will be scared of Leach because of his past but those schools are weak and should not be allowed to have a football program. Most likely to show interest- South Carolina, Stanford, Colorado, Maryland, and Texas A&M
5. Greg Schiano- HC Rutgers: A few years ago he was every ones heir apparent to the Penn State throne and that may still be true. You can't deny that while not good, because they play in the Big East, Rutgers is at least a little relevant. The fact that people don't immediately start laughing when you say Rutgers and football in the same breath is evidence of what this man has accomplished. Most likely to show interest- Penn State, Michigan, Maryland, and Colorado.
6. Dan Mullen- HC Mississipi State: 10 years ago no one would consider making a move for Mullen until he had been a HC for at least 5 years. However, football and winning is more important now than ever. If Mullen can squeeze 7 wins out of his Starkganistan crew the bigger programs will have to take notice. Most likely to show interest- Texas A&M, Penn State, and LSU. 7. Kirby Smart- DC Alabama: Some people will say otherwise but Smart turned the Dawgs down when Richt came calling for a DC. That means one thing, Smart knows he is in line to be a Head Coach. Smart is however, a gamble because we don't know how much of the Bama D is Smart and how much is the baby killing, evil, force of will that is the Mighty Satan. Most likely to show interest- Texas A&M, TCU, Miss. St.
Least Likely to be Considered