"I have no particular desire to understand them (Communist Russia) except to ascertain how much lead and iron it takes to kill them." ~ Gen. George S. Patton Jr.
Well said Georgie. We here at the Patterson campaign have actually made a small adjustment to our plan of attack. The third stop was to be made in July and we intended to name a "running-mate"/Offensive Coordinator. We figured a running mate would energize the base and carry excitement here in the summer lull. However, we did get some of that mainstream love this morning from T.K.K. over at the Georgia SB Nation Spot and as a result we are going to flip the third and fourth stops.
1. PATTERSON WOULD NEVER LEAVE TCU- I cannot express what a defeatist attitude this is. Will Patterson come to Athens for less, the same, or just a little more money? Absolutely not! You gotta spend money to make money, honey. Georgia will have to pay more for Patterson than they have ever paid for a coach before. There is the idea that he is some sort of King at TCU and would never leave. Yeah, is that sorta like how Rich Rodriguez would never leave his Alma Mater, West Virginia? WV would have matched anyones money, RR was the best they have ever had, he was a King in Morgantown, he had built the program, blah blah blah. Rich Rod couldn't get out of town quick enough when one of the big boys came a callin'. How about back when Steve Spurrier would never leave Florida because he was a "college coach" and didn't want the stress or work schedule of the NFL? Oh yeah and how about the way Nick Saban would never even entertain the idea of entertaining the idea of going from the NFL back to college? How about the way Pete Carroll would never consider going back to the NFL with his past failures there? How about the way we all laughed and laughed when Lou Holtz name started coming up for the South Carolina job? Remember how we laughed and laughed when Spurrier's name came up for the same job? Texas was a better job than North Carolina so Mack Daddy left. Michigan better than W.Virginia so Rich Rod left. LSU is a better job than Michigan so the Hat Molester stayed. Auburn is a better job than Ole Miss so T-Tubs left and it wasn't even in a "Pine Box" like he promised. USC is a better job than Tennessee so Kiffie-cakes bolted. Colorado was better than Boise St. so Hawkins left. Alabama is a better job than Texas A&M so the Bear left. A better job is just a better job and Georgia is better than TCU because Georgia has:
- More Money
- More talent
- More exposure as an SEC program
- More and better facilities
- More competition (this may seem like a foreign concept to you Pee-Pee Dawgs as you fear any sort of confrontation or challenge and therefore cannot understand why some demand more of themselves as opposed to you who requires only the bare minimum of yourself and as a result of your football program).
2. PATTERSON IS NOT AN UPGRADE OVER RICHT- When I was in law school some weirdo liberal (my Con-Law Professor) tried to tell me how Alexander Hamilton's arguments for the meaning of the Necessary and Proper Clause was is some way superior to Thomas Jefferson's meaning. My argument was.......uhhhhhhhhh....who wrote the Constitution? What is that you say? Some delegation in Philly? Was Thomas Jefferson there? He was. So the smartest man in the room was Thomas Jefferson? Is that a yes? Oh well in that case lets go with TJ's call on this one (do not attempt to argue with this logic especially with things like "facts"). I say that because this is a simple one if you just walk it out in your head. Was TCU better in 2010 than they were in 2009? Yes. Were they better in 2009 than they were in 2008? Yes. Was Georgia better in 2010 than they were in 2009? No. How about 2009 from 2008? No. How about 2008 from 2007? No. Case closed. Gary Patterson is a better coach in 2011 than Mark Richt. 2002 don't count, son! (What about Vince Dooley in the late 70's? Erroneous argument because there is only one greatest player in the history of college football and unless you know where we can find another Walker then that argument is moot!)
3. I FEEL AS IF YOU MAY BE FAILING TO RECOGNIZE THE IMPORTANCE OF YELLING- Yelling works. If you don't believe that simple universal truth then you understand nothing. I'm sure when Richt dies all of his players will be at the funeral because he was so nice to them. They won't have any rings but they will be there. If Richt were in most any other profession this would be a sign that we was a success. I am pretty sure Patterson's players won't be at his funeral but he will be kept company in his casket by all the Championship Rings he will have from the Big Time Program that hires him away from TCU if we don't. Nice guys finish last in a cut-throat business like the SEC. If that is not who you are then go coach in the PAC 12 or the ACC.