We have had particular fun over the past few months demanding that Richt be fired. We have even more fun when we demand that he be replaced with someone who is the polar opposite of his Joe Cool, Super Nice, Beaver Cleaver persona. It is fun because so many of our fans are in fact more the fans of the Richt Image than of the football program. Statements like:
- "All I know is our boys will be better people in the end because of Richt."
- "I would want my son to play for Mark Richt."
- "He is just such a good Christian man."
If you think any of the above then you are the type of person who gets
a) suckered into ponzi schemes,
b) stays in an abusive relationship,
c) is easily confused by bright shiny objects,
d) considers yourself a Liberal,
e) is considered weak and or stupid by family and friends,
f) settles for a crappy job,
g) settles for a horrible spouse, and
h) rewards your children for making Bs instead of demanding As
"All I know is our boys will be better people in the end because of Richt."
Have you seen the boys on our roster? On every roster of every good team not named Wisconsin? They are at the very least 50% thug. Billy Graham could coach these boys with Ghandi as his OC and they are not going to be good people. They are going to be drug dealers, welfare recipients, AIDS spreaders, dead beat dads, life time guests of one of Georgia's many fine correctional institutions, or NFL players. Please stop with this notion that we are running a boys and girls club of America. We are running a football program in the most hardcore, cut-throat, sink or swim conference in the land. I want Championships not Lifetime Network movies. Ole Miss beat us to the punch is was called the "Blindside" go rent it so you can have a good long cry and your wife can wish you had a pair.
"I would want my son to play for Mark Richt."
I have a son and I would love for him to play football at Georgia but hopefully not for Mark Richt. I wouldn't want him being subjected to sub-par assistants and position coaches and I would not want him to be behind everyone else playing D-1 football in terms of his strength and conditioning. That is what would happen to my son if he played for Mark Richt.
"He is just such a good Christian man."
I am myself a Christian but that does not qualify me to be able to do my job. Attila the Hun wasn't a Christian and he was pretty good at his job, no? Your religion has nothing in the world to do with Football because Jesus doesn't care about football!
So we write at length about about cranky, foul mouthed, portly, pagans. We love up on ruthless, cold hearted, concussion curing, arrogant, a-holes because they are the total opposite of Mark Richt.
I was asked in an exchange with one reader named 88Dawg, why I gave Patterson a pass (on a single loss)and not Dabo.
I started to answer the question but it got so long I decided on a post instead.
So let me explain our deal with Gary Patterson with a series of statements:
1. I think Gary Patterson is twice the coach that Mark Richt is.
2. I think Gary Patterson has 101 wins in 11 seasons at one of the worst programs in the country
3. I think Gary Patterson's career wins have increased each year as opposed to Richt's which have declined.
4. I think that the above proves that Patterson is building a program.
5. I think that the majority of Richt's wins came with Donnan's players, and while BVG (or at least his influence) was still in Athens, and from 02-05 when the SEC was down.
6. I think that the above proves that Richt was more of a maintainer than a builder and now that the building is falling down he has no idea how to build it back.
7. I think Patterson demands excellence and results while Richt is complacent and cares more for "relationships","mentoring", and any other word you want to use to describe overall weakness.
8. Patterson has Dick Bumpas who is awesome for a multitude of reasons and Richt had Willie "Football AIDS''Martinez. When your nickname is AIDS you probably suck.
9. I think the fact that Richt-O-Philles want to dismiss a man who has done more with less than Richt over the same time span because he lost with a non-AQ school to an AQ school with a top Heisman contender shows how long the sentence is and how stupid Richt-O-Philles really are.
10. While making their case for why Patterson should never coach again because he lost to Baylor--ROPs seem to have forgotten Central Florida, Colorado, and Vanderbilt.
11.ROP's do not want Richt judged for "One Bad Season" which was in fact the third year of decline in Athens yet want to judge Patterson for a single loss. That loss came after a Rose Bowl win. Richt lost that same week to a team from Idaho all while coming off of a loss to CENTRAL FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!
12. And finally.....I think there is about a 10% chance Gary Patterson would be hired by the Georgia Bulldogs. The problem is the guy that I really like and think we have a good shot at and the guy that Mr. Sanchez really likes......well neither of them are particularly entertaining to write about.
As for Dabo..........I hope all our readers see this classic case of Richt-O-Philia. A Georgia fan defending a Clampsun coach. Richt-O-Philles just keep getting more disgusting by the day. So just for 88Dawg: Dabo gets no love from us because he has the most talent of any team in the ACC, keeps pulling 5 star, out of state, black players to a school that is a glorified Klan rally, and gets beat on the Reginald by Wake, BC, and GT who are all far less talented and lack the overall SEC-level speed that Clampsun has. Gary Patterson has to fight tooth and nail for a 3star recruit that only got his third star because back when he was a junior Texas gave him a brief look. Dabo pulls multiple 5star kids and Patterson has likely never even had a 5star in on an official visit. Clampsun is the most talented team (or at the very least tied for most talented) in the yearly Botard-off that is the ACC. The ACC has Duke, Wake, GT and their 1924 offensive attack, Maryland, the $500,000 crack party that is Miami, FSU which is just emerging from the wasteland that was Bobby Bowden's less than glorious era "On Golden Pond", BC and all their killer speed, NCST and their 1824 offense, Virginia, The Beamer-Turkeys who play Beamerball which is the college version of Martyball which is a nice way of saying "Can't win against equal talent", and North Carolina. A murder's row, no? When Dabo got the job (because he was the only person Clampsun could afford) he had tons of talent. When Patterson got the TCU job he had a bare cupboard. Coach Fran left him with nothing. TCU has steadily inclined which is proof of a building job. Dabo is just like Richt he walked into a pretty good situation, got rid of some of the mistakes that had killed his predecessor, will improve based on that, incline a little, plateau, and decline. Of course at least the Richt death has been slow and painful--Dabo keeps pullin' 5star kids from the Gators and his death might be quick and of the SMU variety. Dabo gets no love because if you want to give someone in the Clampsun program love try the bag man that they have down around Orlando way.
|You think those are smoke cannons but in fact they spray the masculine aroma of Patterson sweat into the Texas air.|