Just as I had come to the conclusion that no one person was doing more to harm the Great and Sovereign State of Georgia than Mike Bobo................I was wrong! The Georgia Department of Transportation has decided that the middle of the day, on I-20, between Atlanta and Athens, on the weekend of the Dawgs SEC/Home opener, would be the best time to shut down the left hand lane on both sides of the median.
Nothing makes a Cold Blooded Sausage Maker happier than being forced to spend 3 hours to drive 42 miles. Now my main questions are these:
1. Why do we have these huge lights if we are just going to inconvenience the entire world and do the work during 5 pm rush hour traffic?
2. Why do we even have a road crew? Why don't we just use inmates? We wouldn't have to pay them and no one would have to slow down because it you hit one......well that is what I like to call saving the tax payers money.
3. Why is the above picture so indicative of Road Crews?
I just adore the site of one Mexican working while about 53 white guys stand around doing nothing while traffic is backed up 413 miles. Did I honk the horn and yell at each and every one of them to get back to work? Indeed I did. I am not sure who made this call but here are a couple of good places to start:
Georgia Department of Transportation
- All construction shall be done between 1am and 5am with the use of large lights when necessary.
- The work is done by convicted child molesters while law enforcement sharp shooters are well away from the road with night vision goggles on. You can try to run but you will only die tired
- No one is required to slow down at all because if you hit and kill a child molester then you get a framed commendation from the Governor. If you don't kill, but mamie and or paralyze the child molester you will get a "awesome driver/making human garbage suffer" discount from your insurance company.