Monday, January 31, 2011
If there is one year that you can look at during the Richt administration and say what "What the _______" it is 2007. There was a ton of talent in the State of Georgia (per the usual) and Richt basically missed on everyone of them. Here are the players that Richt got, missed, and his out of State hauls (all rankings are according to ESPN):
4. Eric Berry CB/S Fairburn
20. Allen Bailey DE Darien
30. D.J. Stafford DT LaGrange
58. Cam Newton QB Atlanta
75. Jonathan Dwyer RB Marietta
78. Ted Laurent DT Powder Springs
99. T-Bob Hebert C Alpharetta
104.Conrad Obi DE Logansville
139. Morgan Burnett WR College Park
27. Israel Troupe WR Tifton
48. Caleb King RB Norcross
Georgia had 11 of the top 150 and yet Richt only landed 2 of the 11. Of those two both have been disappointments (especially King). Now we will say that Hebert and Berry were probably never in play because Berry was a Tennessee legacy and Hebert only lived in Georgia because his Daddy played for the Falcons. The natural Richt-O-Phille response is "what about the out of state recruits?" Well Georgia pulled in 4 top 150 from out of state.
40. Logan Gray QB
95. Trinton Sturdivant OT
128. Aaron White TE
149. Charles White OLB
Sturdivant has had a tough go of it with injuries and Aaron White has been a decent player but Gray and the other White were disappointments.
That was in 2007 when Richt was convinced that Athens was his kingdom and no one would ever question him. Fast forward to 2011 and oh what a little heat on the seat will do for recruiting.
Drew, Rome, Mitchell, and Swann are already in the fold and Crowell looking very likely it would appear that Richt has decided it is time to work a little harder because his job security ain't what is used to be.
The Cold Blooded Ones are quite pleased.
Friday, January 28, 2011
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Colonial Bank based in Birmingham, AL failed in August of 2009. The chairman of Colonial was Bobby Lowder who is also on the Auburn board of trustees. It is widely held that Lowder is the puppet master of Auburn's BOT and is the man who had Bill Muse removed as AD. Lowder is also the man who interviewed Bobby Petrino while T-Tubs was still under contract.
In 2008 Colonial made an application for TARP assistance. At the time Colonial's regulators required the bank to raise $300 million before it could receive an additional $550 million in TARP. Colonial provided the regulators with fradulent proof of the $300 million. After the bank failed the Feds learned that the $300 million had been raised fraudulently. In truth Colonial had only raised $150 million and when the Feds learned this they launced an investigation against an unnamed Colonial Executive and a Florida based mortgage broker name redacted for creating the deception in the books.
In 2009 the FDIC seized Colonial and sold its assets to BB&T, and began an investigation into all of Colonial's operations. It is believed that in the course of this investigation the FBI has found overwhelming proof of Auburn supplying the parents of football players with loans of which they were not required to pay back. It was also learned that Colonial bank had set up special accounts that were linked to ATM cards that were then issued to Auburn players giving them access to funds provided by boosters.
It is expected that in the next few weeks the Justice Department will had down indictments on Lowder and a number of Colonial executives over the TARP fraud. Now here is Auburn's problem. If the indictment specifies about the loans and the ATM linked accounts the NCAA will have no choice but to launch a full scale investigation. These actions, if true, dwarf the Alabama scandal of the 2000's that left Bama one vote shy of the Death Penalty.
If true Auburn will test the alleged "SMU Rule" that no other program would ever get the DP. Mike Slive is bracing for this and has apparently informed Auburn that the Conference can do nothing to help. This makes us wonder if Slive and the SEC offices have been tipped off that the pay for play scandal will be named in the indictments. Behind the scenes on all of this it would appear that Slive has been in negotiations with the NCAA to hand down a punishment that would leave the Auburn National title in tact while stripping Newton of his Heisman. The negotiations would also keep Auburn from the DP and in turn prevent Slive from having to consider removing Auburn from the SEC. This is especially important for Slive who is nearing the end of his time as SEC commish and is looking to make one more big move to cement his legacy as Commish and that move is expanding the conference to 16 teams. Slive has apparently been planning the move for a few years and almost let the PAC-10 and Big-10 beat him to the punch. With the current Texas Network mess going on in the Big-12 Slive is waiting to pounce on A&M and maybe Oklahoma as well (however there is no interest in Oklahoma St and if Oklahoma balks over that issue the SEC will move on). The Texas Network was a point of contention this past summer and the remaing members of the Big 12 were assured that it would not happen if they would not leave the conference. It now appears that Texas is moving forward and A&M (who feared this all along) has never fully broken off talks with the SEC. If the Texas Network happens and Auburn avoids the DP expect Slive to make an offer to Virgina Tech and North Carolina as well which would reach the arm of the SEC into the only three of the original eleven Confederate States without an SEC reresentative.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Fast forward to last week and as Searles departed for Austin, TX most in Dawg Nation were not upset to see him go. The O-line had continued to be magnificently unimpressive under Searles. In fact the O-line thought to be a strong point going into the abortion that was the 2010 season looked more porous that Sponge Bob Square Pants.
How could a guy thought to be an elite O-line coach, depart a successful stint at an SEC program, and have such a mediocre run while in Athens? We think we have the answer.....Mark Richt. We know you are shocked that we are blaming Richt for something else, but hear us out.
If over the next two or three seasons the Texas Longhorns have excellent O-line play then you will know that it was not Searles but rather the culture in which he was working. At LSU Searles was with a group that obviously takes hard work and football very seriously (evidenced by their 2 National Titles in the past 10 years). Texas has the same type of program, and after a not so stellar season Mack Daddy knows the Longhorn faithful are very different than the Richt-O-Philes and Pee-Pee Dawgs that permeate our fan base. Its win or hear the cries for blood in Austin this year. If Searles goes back to a focused, disciplined, hard working program and has success then you will know that the culture in Athens is that of laziness, and entitlement.
Just look at Willie "Football AIDS" Martinez. He was turrible and he kept his job. Look at Van Horrible his S&C was failing every day and kept his job. In fact you have to under perform a mentally retarded monkey in Athens before Richt will even consider replacing you.
If Searles has success in Texas then we will know that the culture is lost in Athens under Richt.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Drew says he will "shock the world" and he was just up in Clempsun on a visit. Could it be that Clemspun will land the stud DE?
In case you aren't well versed in Clempsun history the Tigers football program was founded in 1896 by Walter Riggs who came over from Auburn. In fact Clempsun is just a huge rip-off of Auburn in every way. They are basically the same school except one has a lake and the other doesn't. Both are Tigers both have orange and I'm not sure if Clempsun went with purple to begin with or if they originally had navy. In fact Clempsun stole everything from Auburn except for calling their stadium Death Valley they stole that from LSU.
Following in the "we do everything Auburn does" mold Clempsun may be breaking out the check book to land recruits. Well there is no maybe to it Clempsun has been paying kids for years
"Hey CJ Spiller you want to come to a beautiful campus with other black people, great facilities, and beautiful women, or do you want to go to a cow pasture that doubles as the nation wide Klan meeting place?"
You can't hire this guy after firing Tummy Bowden and still land top recruits! People are going to start to ask questions boys.
Of course as we have already pointed out Auburn is in it until the very expensive end
Monday, January 24, 2011
In the South there are a few organizations driven by white people that try to get involved in the culture of the black churches and help them to grow as beacons of the black community. One group that comes to mind is the Southern Poverty Law Center. It would now appear that you may now add Auburn University to that list.
Our boy over at the Leather Helmet is reporting from the Saturdays Down South site that Ray Drew is now favoring Auburn in his recruiting race.
Drew is seen here in front of a church (maybe his own). In case you didn't know Drew is an ordained minister and apparently preaches on Sundays. While most believed that Georgia had the inside track to Drew it now appears that Auburn and there long standing tradition of funding the costly renovations to black churches in the South are now the front runner.
Friday, January 21, 2011
While we typically don't like to dog-pile on a story I couldn't help but notice it was being mis-reported. I've been seeing stories like
"Richt nabs two big prospects" or
"Richt gets much needed commitments" or
"Richt's dream team hopes still alive"
The story should read something like
"Richt's Replacement get two bricks in the rebuilding process" or
"In spite of Richt-talent still coming to UGA, very exciting for the next Head Coach" or
"The Head Coach of UGA come 2012 will have a few groceries in the pantry"
Have a wonderful weekend Dawg Nation even you Richt-O-Philles.
Thursday, January 20, 2011
1. Max Jean-Gilles 4th round pick 99 (can't remember may have been a Donnan recruit)
2. Ken Shackleford 6th round pick 190
3. Chester Adams 7th round pick 222
Now O-line coach Searles seems poised to depart for Texas (uhhhhhh...enjoy Texas).
This is a post to say first of all.....Praise God that another one of Mark Richt's horrible assistants is gone and also to plead with McGarity to make this hire himself. Do not let Richt do this. Of all the things that Richt has done to lead us down the current path we are on the most egregious is his horrendous decision making when it comes to hiring assistants.
What we need to do is demote Bobo (of course we can call him assistant HC or some other non-sense but just give him a coloring book and a nice quiet corner to hang out in). Then hire an Offensive Coordinator who knows how to coach and recruit O-linemen. Our suggestion is Paul Chryst currently of Wisconsin. He is a Madison, WI native but with Bielema getting a fat new contract this morning Chryst has to understand that he ain't getting the HC job in Madison any time soon. McGarity could make a back room deal to promote Chryst to HC not if but when Richt is fired after this year.
Of course we could always hire a certain unemployed scourge of the seven seas.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Just prior to my vacation I promised a revised list of candidates to replace Mark Richt and per request of some of our more devoted readers we will give a list of serious candidates. However, that is later in this post. I would like to start out talking about the newest trend in Richt-O-Philliedom. Up until now most Richt-O-Philles were clinging to the idea that we would find the second coming of Mt. Cody at a juco school to come in and fix all of our defensive problems. Also, these prospective buyers of ocean front property in Nebraska have bought into the idea of Richt pulling in a Georgia High School Dream team. As the wheels slowly start to fall off the recruiting band wagon Richt-O-Philles the state over have a new glimmer of hope on which to cling, an offensive scheme or alignment that will make better use of Murray.
We are going to call this the Unicorn Formation because if you think this is going to happen (or work if it does) you probably spent most of the 7th-12th grades drawing pictures of unicorns on all of your notebooks.
As we all sit around with baited breath to see what new and innovative attack Brother Bobo comes up with here is the S&G proposal. You put the long snap center on the field- line Murray up 15 yards deep- and stagger nine receivers. It will work because one O-lineman is just a likely to block as well as five did in 2010. Since we basically had no running game why bother with a back. Nine receivers is a bit problematic because what are you going to do put nine corners on the field? Do you see the genius of it all? Sure five or six guys will come unabated to the QB but that is why he lines up so deep, plus we can take advantage of his ability to scramble. Now I know what your saying "Rider why line up two receivers staggered behind the others?" SCREEN PASSES,SON! You know Brother Bobo aint going to give up on his bread and butter. Bout to get that Unicorn all up in them guts, baby!
Now once the recruiting and the Unicorn formation fails it will be time for us to look at a new Head Coach. There are basically three schools of thought on this:
1. Dana Holgorsen- OC/HC in waiting West Virginia Pros- Innovator that has had success at Texas Tech, Houston, and Oklahoma State. Looks like a dude that lives at Myrtle Beach, takes his meals at one of the many fine titty bar/buffet establishments, and rocks out to Jimmy Buffett on the Reginald. I know what your asking "Rider--Texas Tech, offensive genius, drawn to the ocean, lover of titties- do I sense a Mike Leach tie?" Ah you do indeed sir Dana cut his teeth at the knee of the Master himself while at Texas Tech.
Cons- It may be a timing issue with Dana because he has been named the OC at West Virginia for the upcoming season and will then become the HC in 2012. However, we are talking West Virginia and no one really wants to live there not even alumni (see Rich Rod). So Dana may see WV as a stepping stone to something bigger like say the SEC. It would probably cost a good bit to pull him away as well. No real SEC ties.
2. Bryan Harsin- OC Texas Pros- A great deal of success at Boise State and we shall see after this season if his system translates to a conference that plays big boy football every week. Energetic and young so that should translate well into the recruiting field
Cons- No SEC ties. So young that the youth may work against him in some regards. If you are like me then you don't believe in Boise State and are still shell shocked from the Hawkins fiasco at Colorado.
3. Paul Chryst- OC Wisconsin
Pros- We know that if nothing else we will run the football and have a well coached O-line. The transition into his offense would be almost seamless as he runs a pro style, run heavy, play action attack. He looks like he could head-butt a man to death in a street fight seriously his head is bigger that Lester the Hat Molester. His success has come despite Wisconsin's athletes being whiter than the local Klan rally.
Cons- Despite being well coached his offense has up until this year been a victim of the Tressel mind control. However, he may have broken through after the Badgers thumped the chocolate peanut butter balls this year. No real ties to the SEC
2. Mark Banker- DC Oregon State
1. Gary Patterson- Head Coach TCU
t2. Mike Riley- Head Coach Oregon State
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
My prediction is that if the 4 star reciever and 5 star tight end sign with Georgia, then we have a great chance of landing Crowell and Drew. If we don't get both then you can kiss Crowell and Drew goodbye. I hope we get them but if we don't, it will be just one more instance of why Mark Richt no longer needs to be Coaching at the nation's oldest and most prestigious public university.
Keep ypur fingers crossed that we get the players we need and then keep them crossed that they will be coached up.
Monday, January 17, 2011
For starters, I disagree with the "root for the SEC" stuff. We don't recruit against Oregon, or Oklahoma, or Texas, or Southern Cal, or Ohio St. But we do against LSU, Auburn, Alabama, Florida, and when they win titles that helps them on recruiting trails, especially while we mire in mediocrity with the only coach since 2001 to win the SEC, but not a national title (if you count Auburn's Golf Digest title for their '04 screw job by pollsters).
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Great NFL today. I guess we can now pull for one of the many SEC players still playing now that all southern teams are finished playing football. For those who can't understand sports without a handegg; it's recruiting and the Fulmer Cup 'til for 7 1/2 months. Come on down John Jenkins, Isaiah Crowell, Jay Rome, Ray Drew, etc.
Friday, January 14, 2011
Anyway the Dawgs were ranked 21--one spot ahead of the Missy State Bulldogs (oddly because Missy State is returning a lot of their talent while a lot of Georgia's is going pro and the Spotted Dogs dismissed UGA earlier this season).
Reluctantly I'm sure; SI ranked 7 SEC teams in the top 25.
9. South Carolina
22. Missy State
The line beside the blurb on Georgia was:
"Coach Mark Richt has too much talent to continue his run of mediocrity."
Hohoho......it would appear you know nothing of Richtian Mediocrity Sports Illustrated. He has had too much talent the past three years but has still found a way to be breath-takingly mediocre.
Thursday, January 13, 2011
What do we do if the state of Alabama continues to have their way with our recruits?
How will the Richt-O-Philes spin it?
Certainly we hope that the top remaining Georgia boys are Athens bound but even the most hardened Richt-O-Phile must admit that the hits have been coming in spades this season.
Hmmmmmmmm.....I smell a revised "Top Candidates to Replace Richt" post on the horizon.
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
I feel like Fran Tarkenton read my mind and was saying everything that I would say if someone cared to put a microphone in front of my face.
Frans Problems include, but are not limited to..........
1. That CMR is too vanilla
2. Georgia's football program is not rooted in reality
3. Richt's Press Conference is indicative of being out of touch with reality
4. Richt is "copping out" when he said that he has not had enough time to study football
Fran even goes as far as to point out that we have gotten good recruiting
classes in the past but we have nothing to show for it....hmmmm....sounds
like Fran has been reading S&G. The time is nigh....Fran is with us...
Richt-o-philes that convert now will be shown some mercy.
Now we are pretty sure that when Manna fell from Heaven to fuel the Hebrews as they wandered in the desert it was actually bowls of velvety smooth Grits.....mmmmmmm....God is good all the time and all the time god is good. As Ben Tobertson tells us in his Southern Classic Red Hills and Cotton........."So long as Southerners have their grits."
One reason for why the heathen mongrel hoards of the Yankee hinter-land are such horrible human beings is their total lack of grits. Instead they all eat Oatmeal. Oatmeal is disgusting. It has the texture of a big bowl full of snot and boogers; an issue we covered a few months ago.
As to questions presented by "thinkingbulldog".....cream cheese is acceptable but is right on the line of being a little too Yankeefied. So long as you are not putting sugar on them you should be ok. As far a recipes go.......Here is Momma Riders version.
-Cook your grits in milk if breakfast (chicken stock if making shrimp and grits or any other supper version of grits)
-Add salt, pepper, and butter to taste.
- Add cheddar or American cheese, but shred it yourself the pre-shredded stuff does not melt as well
-Add a container of sour cream (that is the secret to extra smooth and creamy grits)
Per the usual Ol' Franny keeps it really real
Fran Tarkenton hates a few things in this life:
1. The State of Ohio
4. Brett Favre, and
5. Mediocre Football Coachin' at the University of Georgia
We agree on all of these points except for Brett Favre. What you have a picture of Favre's wiener.....well you are possibly the only one and since he just retired you now have a collector's item. Post that thing on e-bay and watch the bids start rollin in. Sexual harassment......sounds more like he did you a favor Ms. Sterger......good luck with that posing in quasi-porn magazines career you have going. Since Jenn Sterger's main goal was to get a reality t.v. show we have an idea. Make Jenn Sterger live in a house with Ron Franklin. Ron the Don will straighten that little split tail out.
Sterger: Oh my Gah....look at this house. Is this is were I am going to be living.
Franklin: Welcome to my home sugar tits.
Sterger stares in awe at the greatness that is Ron Franklin in full regalia- Three piece suit, Florsheim Shoes, Stetson Hat, Brute Cologne.
Franklin: We got some rules around her babe. 1. You will cook three full meals a day and present them to me at 6 am, 12:30 pm, and 7 pm; 2. You will keep my house spotless; 3. I am to be serviced sexually at least three times a day in a manner by which I select. 4. I do not tolerate back talk. Do you see this (Franklin raises his right hand as if to smack Sterger with the back of his hand) I call it Justice and if there is one thing Ron Franklin is all about it is dealing out justice.
Uh-Oh I smell an Emmy!
Anyway speaking of strong pimp hands, Fran just gave Richt a glimpse of his "palm side down"
Oh Fran that was C-O-L-D-----B-L-O-O-O-O-O-D-E-D!
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Nevermind Jim Tressell- You May Continue to Dominate the Big Twelvinie with Your Underwelming Brand of Football
Hoke is the new coach at Michigan/ Victim of Jim Tressell's mind f*#k control of the Big Twelvinie. Meechigan's only hope was a man without out a mind to be controlled...they have chosen poorly.
"Pssstttt....hey there fag-bag.......bet you thought I was going to Michigan but guess what.....punt-a-rooskie, Ninja. I'm here to stay!"
1. Why can't Yankees keep their weather to themselves?
2. Why can't Yankees keep their old people to themselves? We don't want them either! Have you people look into euthanizing them?
3. How can anyone doubt the vast superiority of SEC Football?
On the Title Game:
-Despite the fact that holding and block-in-the-back calls apparently did not apply to Oregon the Barn was still able to keep the streak alive. Since no one wants to admit it I will--- "Fairley rules the world a la Sid Vicious." In the past five seasons we have learned that:
a) Big, strong, fast, SEC players are better than big, strong, slow, Big Twelvine players.
b) Big, strong, fast, SEC players are better than average size. average speed, average strenght Big Twelve/Tenths players.
c) Big, strong, fast, SEC players are better than small, weak, fast, Pac 10 to be 12 players.
-I don't want to be a snitch or nothing but if the Feds want to hit the biggest steroid ring in North America I would check out Clay Matthews Sr's house. Nice Neanderthal brows boys.
-Oregon had on Nike shoes and Auburn Under Armor shoes. Auburn had about 20 slips in the game and Oregon had none.....it had to be the shoes right? We hear you coming because we heard you fall down on the way.
On Other Bowls:
-Arkansas---Commissioner Slive will be expecting your letter of resignation from the SEC by Monday morning........you have embarrassed us all.
-Dear Lord! Chokelahoma found the only school in the world that they can beat in a bowl game and Ohio State found the only SEC school they can beat so guess who will be pre-season #1 and #2. P.S. they are both still total Bull S*#t!
On the Coaching Carousel:
- I have wondered for almost a decade now exactly what is the mind control voodoo that Jim Tressel uses to own the Big Twelvinie. I mean Wisconsin is as good if not better than tOSU and so is Iowa. Yet the chocolate covered peanut butter balls always get at least a share of the Big 10 title and a BCS game. All that is about to change, son! Mind control doesn't work on Lester Miles because he can't even control his own brain. Les eats ice cream for breakfast.....FOR BREAKFAST, SON! You know what that means? Do you? It means Les don't give a F*^k. You keep running that fundamentally sound football Tressell cause the crazy is about to be on you like a dirty diaper and some half eaten chicken wings in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Fake field goals, on-side kicks, fake punts, running plays on 4th and 15 from his own 5 yards line, oh it is on! By the end of the game you will be so discombobulated that you will be sending 18 defenders and the kicking unit on the field to stop Meeechigan at the goal-line.
-I must admit I am a little worried about what Bo Pelini could do with LSU talent.
On ESPN's Coverage of the Game Last Night:
-This is for Chris Fowler and Muntsbooger especially. If one team is small and fast with an up tempo offense and the other team is big and just as fast with an up tempo offense....then the smaller guys are going to get tired because they will be getting their A$$es kicked all night long (see the Oregon O-line).
-I hate to say it but Saban is an awesome analyst. The man is just good at anything involving football.
-I hate Urban Meyer but it was awesome when he dismissed Desmond Howard for the retard that he is.... Desmond would start that mumbling stumbling non-sense he call talking and Urban would just look at him like "Shut up grown people are talking."
-I just don't understand why ESPN paid a sheik's ransom for SEC football considering everyone that works for them loathes the SEC so much. Hey Mark May the SEC won again you used-up old tampon!
Well now he have to try and care about NFL football for a few weeks.............I am so depressed right now.......when does Spring practice start?
Monday, January 10, 2011
Sunday, January 9, 2011
LSU will have a few directions that they can go should the crazy train depart for more northern destinations. Bo Pelini would probably be the first choice with Gary Patterson hanging around in second. Pelini has been in LSU before and is considered one of the top defensive minds in the game. However, Nebraska is itself a fairly high profile job that could (should it become Pelini-less) command a great deal of interest.
On the other hand Gary Patterson is quite the sweater and yeller which is awesome. LSU runs the state of Louisiana and already has pockets of east Texas in which it competes. Patterson brings additional Texas ties and has also shown the ability to identify and coach-up "potential" players from the Lone Star State.
Pelini at LSU would be dangerous.......Patterson at LSU would lead to a yearly Armageddon with the Great Satan. Either way the SEC is about to get less crazy but probably better on the coaching front.
Friday, January 7, 2011
Now despite the great wailing and gnashing of teeth from Richt-O-Philes their prophet is on his fair well tour.....The Mark Richt "Funky Like A Monkey" Tour 2011. Meechigan could alter the college football landscape depending on who they hire and how much they decide to pay him. Which will have ramifications in Athens when the coaching search begins at the end of this year or beginning of next year.
Conventional wisdom has Brady Hoke of San Diego State as the next head man. He has re-built two crappy programs, and most importantly he is a Meeechigan Man.
The problem with Hoke is he is clearly not the first choice and hiring him would amount to little more than a Marylandesque cock-teasing followed by a case of Edsall blue-balls. Meeeechigan needs a big hire considering the last one went over like a fart in church. The first choice of Michigan and the last choice of Kirk Heirbstreet is Jim Harbaugh.
Reports as late as yesterday had the Dolphins offering Harbaugh $8 million a year to take his talents to South Beach. However, it now appears the Fins will stick with their current coach. However, the 49ers are upping their offer and John Elway's horse teeth and mis-shapened torso have the Broncos in the Harbaugh sweepstakes. The question is now this. Just how cold blooded a group of sausage makers are up there in Ann Arbor? Will they pull the trigger on an eight or maybe even ten million dollar a year deal for Harbaugh? If they do no doubt Mal Moore scrambles to make sure the Mighty Satan stays at Bama and stays the highest paid coach in the college game. That would then put an immense amount of pressure on Georgia to break a brother off or settle for a replacement that is unproven when replacing Richt next year.
Of course Harbaugh could just be NFL bound no matter what. In that case the question is who is Meechigan's second choice. Is it Hoke? Or does Meechigan dare to buck the tide and ride the lightening's eye? Do they punch a ticket to ride on the Crazy Train? Do they hire Les Miles There is some question as to if Michigan did or didn't offer Lester three years ago. Things are different now and Lester could be looking to jump ship. Despite winning ten games this year LSU is still not overly excited to have Miles at the helm. Going to Michigan would mean that Miles will get a three year grace period and probably an additional two years considering the over-haul of the roster that will be necessary to replace Rich-Rod's spread option attack.
Should Les be Big Twelvine bound LSU will be in the market for a new Head Coach.
A school with a huge HS talent pool, in the SEC, totally devoted to the football program, and with seemingly endless money. Basically Georgia but with an iron grip on their HS talent. Coach Patterson.....LSU is on line one.
Thursday, January 6, 2011
ESPN Insider reported today that Gary Patterson is "The Dark Horse" to take the Michigan job. What in the hell is a dark horse? I know it means he has an outside shot at becoming the next coach....but anyways..............
I know that Desmond Howard and Amani Toomer are sliding off of their chairs at ESPN just thinking about having a coach as bad ass a Patterson. Kirk Hirbstriet is thinking about Patterson at Michigan and wonders how THE Ohio State will win 8 in a row over Michigan......to him I say "Don't Worry". The coaches office is to small for Patterson's balls to fit through the doorway at Michigan. Check out how he walks on the field to yell at the officials.
In a comment on an earlier post...one of our glorious followers mentioned that we should give McGarity the nickname "Cold Blooded Sausage Maker". CCRider and myself discussed this on the phone less than a minute ago and I had this to say to him.
"I wish I could call McGarity "The Cold Blooded Sausage Maker" but he has to cold bloodedly make some sausage before that great honor can be bestowed upon him."
"How" you might ask "does McGarity cold bloodedly make sausage?"
The only answer is FIRE MARK RICHT....FIRST BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Oh I can't believe it! They done let the cat out da bag, Jack!"
I would try to link to the podcast but I have no idea how to do that so go to the Leather Helmet or Bernie's Dawg Blawg, or the Grit Tree. I must admit it was pretty nice to feel the warm embrace of whitey, but don't go getting any ideas----we ain't turning into Pee-Pee Dawgs or nothing. We'll still be fighting the war on Richt-O-Philia until that glorious day when we are all emancipated from the bondage of mediocrity.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
That means there is a job that no one wants, yet someone has to fill. Al Davis has long been obsessed with the down field passing game. So they will need a desperate man who can throw the ball down field with great success. Wait a second..........we may have just the man.
Ron was demoted a few years back because he called Holley Rowe's big nose having self "Sweetheart". Ron did it because Holley was embarrassing herself on National Television by talking and Ron took pity on her. Also, he felt sorry for her because she looks like the bridge troll from the billy goats gruff story.
Since the retirement of the Voice of the Bulldogs and Keith Jackson; Ron stands alone as the best commentator in the business. I think we should hire him to do all Georgia Football and Basketball broadcasts.
- Long tenure in the nation's premier conference for that sport - Richt being in the SEC, with their soon to be 5 straight national champions is obvious. The ACC isn't as much of a no-doubter with the Big East, among others, but it is arguably the premier conference for men's hoops.
- A dream for recruiting in your back yard - Georgia produces more SEC football players than any state going on past numbers (often more, and more All SEC players, than the Sunshine State). It is easily a top 5 talent producer among states in football. Georgia is similarly elite in producing hoops talent, with Atlanta among the top 5 cities (with Chicago, LA, NYC, and probably Houston/Dallas) for producing hoops talent.
- A massive contract that is prohibitive of early termination - Dave Braine was duped by a damn good Dawg (his agent, who's name I'm forgetting but is a UGA grad and former regular at Georgia home hoops games) into giving Paul Hewitt a sweet rollover contract that always has a massive buyout. Mark Richt was also given a long term contract nearing $3m annually that includes a massive buyout.
- Both got said contract after success they've never gotten close to since - Hewitt got his after the NCAA Championship appearance and another NCAA trip. Since, he's failed to make any post season tourney 3 of 5 years, and considering the talent he's brought in has underperformed. He's also 28-52 in conference play since. Mark Richt got his after the #2 finish in 2007. In the seasons since, he's had 10, then 8, and now 6 wins. He's gone 13-11 in conference play since.
- Neither can beat their rivals -Richt has had noted struggles against Tennessee when they had Cutcliffe, and his team routinely pisses themselves in Jacksonville and has made a point lately of coming out flat for "must win" games. Hewitt's teams also come out flat in supposed "big" games, he's got a losing record against Georgia in spite of going against arguably the worst coach in college basketball for several of those games, and also routinely loses against in conference elite.
- Both have flubbed on important hirings with internal retreads. Richt's job is on the line, so he turns a video coordinator into the S&C head. Hewitt's job is on the line, so when he can bring in fresh blood as an assistant to assist in X's and O's, he brings back a former player in LaBarrie.
- Both are known for the mind numbingly poor execution in X's and O's with outdated and unproductive schemes.
- Both have brought in countless big name recruits who underperform and then leave as soon as possible for the pros.
- Both are model men in their communities and considering as upstanding as it gets. Both are role models for young men in their programs, and pride themselves on creating better people more than better players.
- Both are likely going to see their next season as their last at their current schools
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Spurrier: Hey son. I am fine Thanks for having me. Columbus is a beautiful place. I haven't been able to recruit this part of Georgia since Ray Goof was coach at Georgia.
Isiah: Well it's an honor sir. I appreciate your insistence to come and see me the night before National Signing Day. Coach....you do know that I am signing with the Bulldogs right?
Spurrier: Well son, thats why I came all this way...'cause I just can't see you make the same mistake that Stafford and Moreno made. You can't sign with the Bulldogs. It will be the worst mistake you ever made.
Isiah: But Coach, what do you mean? Stafford was the number one pick and Moreno was a middle first rounder.
Spurrier: Yeah son, they were. But if they would have come to play for Carolina we wold have been challenging the Clingons for interstellar domination by now.
Isiah: What the hell is a Clingon?
Spurrier: I don't know son, I just heard that on ma favorite movie "Wedding Crashers". I think Vince Vaughn is the funniest actor ever...ain't that right Vince?
Vince Vaughn: It sure is Steve. Some might call me the "Spurrier" of comedic acting.
Spurrier: See Isiah, if you come to Carolina...we could certainly whoop the pants off of Mark Richt.....then he will call me the next day and ask me how I did it...(Spurrier chuckles evilishly)...besides he ain't gonna be coaching for long after this year. I'mon make sure uv that. (Spurrier chuckles evilishly again)
Isiah: Wow Coach! I have no idea who this other white guy is...or what a Wedding Crasher is...but you sure are convincing. I am going to sign with Carolina.
Spurrier: Well son, they don't call me "Darth Visor" for nuthin'
COMING TOMORROW - READ DERRICK DOOLEY'S PITCH TO CROWELL
The three groups according to the LH are:
1. Disney Dawgs
2. Fire Richt Firebrands (that's us-that's us weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!)
Now we loves us some LH but we going to have to respectfully disagree with that assessment. Three groups is far too general and some of our fans will get unfairly groups with others. The truth is Dawg Nation is divided into about a half a dozen groups and some of those even have sub-groups. Here are the six as we see them
1. RICHT-O-PHILES- This is about 15% of Georgia's fan base. Small but militant like Shiite's. If you say anything at all about their prophet they will run up in a Georgia shopping mall with 20 lbs of dyn-O-myite strapped around their torsos and get their jihad on. The infidel can't be converted so they must be destroyed. These people are so infatuated, so devoted, so in love with Mark Richt and his perceived persona that nothing; not a sub 500 season, not a humiliating bowl defeat at the hands of a Conference USA team, not a defense that takes on point like the Titanic taking on water, not an OC who calls 27 pass plays a game and 25 of them are screens, NOTHING can stop their devotion. Now I am not judging Mark Richt's personal life. He may be the same man behind closed doors that he is in the public eye, but the obsession with what may or may not be just a well crafted image is what these people crave. They are basically a cult. Brainwashed into believing in the imaginary truth of the all mightiness of the Richt. Richt-O-Philes are the scientologists of the Bulldog world.
2. DISNEY DAWGS- This is a rather strange breed yet at roughly 25% they one of the largest factions. Now some Disney Dawgs secretly would not miss a seconds sleep if Richt were fired, but to the world they will stick with Richt so long as he is at Georgia. "Everything is way cool dude. Don't get upset. So we lost seven games including Colorado, UCF, Missy St, and South Carolina. So those are historically some of the worst football programs in the world. So what man. Hey at least we have football. At least there is a stadium to go to. Be happy dude it could be worse." Disney Dawgs are like a fat chick at the prom....just real glad to be there and if they have cake..... well that's just a bonus. I'm not sure but if I had to guess I would say roughly 25% of our fan base smokes a lot of pot and that is why we have so many Disney Dawgs. Disney Dawgs are eternal optimists but not necessarily totally devoted to the idea of Richt being the coach. In fact if I had to guess I would say 3 out of 4 want him gone but thinking and talking about it is way too much of a bummer man.
3. Pee-Pee Dawgs- You may be thinking to yourself right now "S&G hates Richt-O-Philes more than anything in the world." Of contraire mo'fraire. Pee-Pee Dawgs are the true bane of our existence. We call them Pee-Pee Dawgs because they are habitual bed wetters, fradie cats, nervous nellies, pussies if you will. "Oooooohhhhhh we can't fire Richt what if the next guy isn't as good"; "Oooohhhh we can't fire Richt what if some other coach rejects us? We can't deal with rejection"; "Ooooohhh we can't fire football AIDS he is Richts friend; what if Richt gets mad; what if we can't find a better DC"; "Oooooohhhh we shouldn't talk bad about Bobo what if we can't find a better OC?" Pee-Pee Dawgs down play the University and hold up ideas like:
-Georgia is not an elite program
-Coaches at teenie tiny schools would never leave them for Georgia
-Florida is just better than us and that is how it is
-10 wins is a lot of wins...sure that means you have 3 or 4 L's but 10 is a lot
-We shouldn't demand greatness that is selfish and unreasonable
Pee-Pee Dawgs are weak and they disgust us. Pee-Pee Dawgs make up about 25% of the fan base and do more to hold this program down than Willie Martinez could have ever dreamed possible. Pee-Pee Dawgs will jump on here and post but only because we have the Anonymous option, other wise they would be way too nervous to rock the boat.
4. Holy Dawgs- Not a religious reference but these are the fans that have a holier than thou attitude about everything. This is about 15% of the fan base. They were like a fullback on a high school team that lost the state championship game, or some guy who was a white walk-on 19th string receiver at Georgia for half a season, or some other thing that they put way more value on than the rest of the world. In light of this important feat of football mastery that they accomplished 15 years ago they are in a much better position to critique things like how the football team is performing and X's and O's. They are in fact gigantic suck-ups but are actually sucking up to no one in particular. They assume that some conversation in which they reprimand some ignorant Georgia cracker for bad mouthing Bobo is taken into account somewhere in Athens. Evidently Richt sends Black Santa Clause (Oh you know who Black Santa is...the black guy with the garbage bag full of really good Georgia stuff and everything except jerseys only costs $5...jerseys cost $10. Yeah that guy.....you know it's stolen but they ain't got no serial numbers on them Nike Georgia hats that he's hocking) to their house on National signing day eve to leave 100% not stolen Georgia goodies under their Georgia tree. Holy Dawgs pretend to love Richt but the second he is fired they will tell you all about everything he did wrong and how the next guy is the best thing since sliced bread.
5. RICHT HATERS- They are about 5%. They have hated him since day 1. Even if he had won a National title they would still hate him for one reason or another. Every fan base has these people. It just so happens they are on the right side of the argument now.
6. COLD BLOODED SAUSAGE MAKERS- If you have never seen the American Dream Dusty Rhodes cut his world famous "Cold Blooded Sausage Maker" promo circa 1985 while in Jim Crockett Promotions then YouTube it and prepare thyself for greatness. This is about 15% of Dawg Nation and the most accurate way to describe your humble servants here at S&G. You see a sausage maker is the only one who knows what goes into the final product (mostly elbows and a-holes). Like Solomon tells us in Ecclesiastes 1:18 "with great knowledge comes great sorrow." We are the people who are accepting of what is necessary to see the program in the National Title hunt every year. We want results not empty promises. We want wins not memories of how we almost did this or came real close to doing that. We know that to win you have to:
-Make it Rain like Pac-Man at da club and if need be stab a b*#@h in the parking lot Ray Lewis style. You must come up off that check book to get an elite coach and elite coaching staff
-Sometimes, not always, but sometimes you have to "bend the rules" ever so slightly if you want to land the top recruits. Plus after SMU they will never give the Death Penalty again so what is 2 or 3 years of probation if you have a National Title to show for it?
-You need poor black kids too win. They are more driven to find success via sports than white or hispanic or asian kids. With poor black kids comes some trouble that is just how it is. You have to deal with that trouble but in away that keeps them on the field.
-18 to 22 year old kids are going to drink, fight, and fornicate. Keep the discipline in house and keep it so that they can still play. Naturally Rape and Murder would be the exception to this rule and grounds for dismissal from the team.
- Your S&C coaches should learn these words "Pssssttt, hey gonna be a piss test on the 15th don't f- it up." Of course they should never say it louder than a barely audible whisper and never on any sort of phone or intercom devise, oh and always with a newspaper in front of their mouth.
- You need a strong relationship with local law enforcement. Is it a rule that the Athl. Dept can't donate enough tickets to the police department so as to ensure each officer gets at least 4 tickets to one non-crappy game a year. I think if you or your partner have tickets to the Tennessee game on Sat. you will be less likely to arrest a star player on Thurs. for public drunkenness. Is it a rule that the HC can't host a gala celebration for local law enforcement in which he signs helmets, jerseys, balls, and pictures for friends and family of the officers. That sounds like the University just giving back to the community to me.
- The media needs you, you don't need them. Treat these people like the children that they are. Oh you ran a not so flattering story about a player without the HC's permission? Guess what you are frozen out of all Athl. Department activities and events. Try to write your little story now, son.
In contrast to us the University of Alabama (the most successful program in SEC history) also has two factions and here they are:
Bryant-O-Philes- 100% of the fan base
Cold Blooded Sausage Makers- 100% of the fan base
So two factions with 100% cross over. How we wish that all Dawg Nation had the cohones to make this program all that it could be.