Wednesday, March 21, 2012
NFL = Good Old Fashion Facism.
Now before all the Falcunes fans get on here and start talking crap about the Saints and calling us Saints fans let me clear......I do not give a crap about the Saints just as I do not give a crap about the Falcunes. In fact I don't give a crap about the NFL other than to keep track of former SEC and especially Georgia players. I have waxed poetic on here before about how the NFL is nothing more than an open air, 100 yard field version of the Arena League. Defensive players are simply not allowed to play actual football.
Now before the all the troglodytes get on here and start crying about player safety let me say this......if you sit around and think about player safety then get your purse and start going to soccer matches but don't go with a group of guys who feel the same way as you do unless you all want to be on the same cycle. Does anyone really think that the following is a true statement:
"You will get $10,000 if you physically rip Tom Brady's head from his body."
This like all of the Saints bounties were simply over the top statements intended to give a false sense of intensity and bravado to the players who are on the side of the ball that are not allowed to actually play football. I heard some idiot on ESPN radio earlier say that it was not so much the bounties as it was the fact that Gooseneck told them to stop it and they didn't. That's right........Gooseneck dropped the hammer in true Machiavellian fashion because a subject heeded not to his orders.
Sean Peyton got a year and Greg Williams is most likely done forever in the NFL.
Back in the early 80's a bunch of rich dudes got together and started a competitor to the NFL. There were no gimmicks it was simply played in the Spring and put teams in cities that would most likely never get an NFL franchise. They then began to lure top NFL talent away: #34 himself, Reggie White, Jim Kelly, Steve Young, etc. Now with the current state of the NFL I have a business model proposal:
1. Get some rich dudes
2. Get them to start a new Spring league
3. Allow defensive players to actually play football
4. Go after the top college defensive talent every year and pay them top dollar while promising to not take that money away from them in fines if they should actually tackle someone.
5. Possibly keep the teams in the larger metro areas of the South and focus in on players from Southern schools (after all no real defensive player comes from anywhere else).
6. After five or so years begin to focus in on top running back prospects because the NFL is making the RB position a thing of the past and a new defensive league will need RBs in a big way.
7. Do not allow Donald Trump to buy one of the teams.
8. In about 10 years move to the fall and compete with the National Quasi-Arena League Football League.
Here is the first free agent that the new league must make signing a priority: