This is not 02 nor is it 05 nor is it 07............the football gods have finally shown the Beloved a glimmer of hope. Richt will have a legitimate shot at placing the Georgia Bulldogs in the seat of power that has managed to elude Georgia, the only SEC champion in the Richtian Era to have the prize denied them.
The Georgia faithful will find all the reasons why the Dawgs can win. Everyone else in the world will just look at this and say....."Oh its a big game with the biggest stakes imaginable......oh, Aaron Murray is the QB at Georgia.....oh, Mark Richt is the head coach.....yeah we'll take Bama."
Now the weaker segment of our fan base will say....."You guys hate Richt so much you don't want Georgia to win this game." Well let me tell you this...the Ol' Boys here at S&G would sell your first born child to win this game and the National Title. Here is what could potentially happen should Georgia win its next three games:
1. Mike Bobo could get a HC job offer,
2. Our weaker fans and members of the "Powers That Be" could get a tast of winning and then spend the next 50 years chasing that dragon at all costs,
3. Florida could suck it,
4. Sakerlina fans could develop a chain of logic in which they beat Georgia early, then lost Lattimore, and are therefore the National Champions but for about 15 different variables that did not go their way.
5. Tannercee could get shafted by Gruden and Petrino before having to re-hire Fat Phil (ok so that one is going to happen with or without us running the table).
6. Mrs. Sanchez will be treated to Brothah Sanchez's happy, fun, sexy time, tighty whitey, mating dance.
So for the next couple of weeks FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.......
LET'S GET UP OFF OF THAT THANG, SON!